Supply Chain Coordination Limited (SCCL) is the management function for the NHS Supply Chain operating model.
SCCL oversees the continuous improvement of the operating model and delivering of supply chain excellence and value to NHS trusts.
SCCL are committed to becoming the strategic procurement partner of choice for the NHS by evolving services and making them fit for the future, in line with the needs of the NHS and in a sustainable way.
Search our Freedom of Information Requests
The Operating Model
The model aims to deliver savings and provide a standardised range of clinically assured, quality products at the best value through a range of specialist buying functions. Its aim is to leverage the buying power of the NHS to negotiate the best deals from suppliers and deliver savings back into NHS frontline services.
The model consists of specialist buying functions, known as Category Towers, delivering clinical consumables, capital medical equipment, personal protective equipment (PPE) and non-medical products such as food and office solutions. Two enabling services for logistics and supporting technology underpin the model.
About NHS Supply Chain
NHS Supply Chain manages the sourcing, delivery and supply of healthcare products, services and food for NHS trusts and healthcare organisations across England and Wales and are part of the NHS family.
NHS Supply Chain manages more than 7.7 million orders per year across 129,420 order points and 16,705 locations. We deliver over 35 million lines of picked goods to the NHS annually, and our systems consolidate orders from over 1100 suppliers, bringing value to NHS partners, saving them time and money in removing duplication of overlapping contracts.
NHS Supply Chain is committed to playing a part in supporting the NHS to deliver safe and excellent patient care and aims to:
- Anchor the business on the needs of the NHS by supporting NHS trusts to deliver safe and excellent patient care.
- Further strengthen the resilience of its supply chain by continuing to invest in key tools and capacity that build resilience and performance.
- Deliver clinically assured, safe products that support improved outcomes for patients and users.
- Support the NHS objective of becoming the world’s first net carbon zero national health system.
- Ensure a high performing workforce and highly efficient organisation.